It’s not just your skills and experience that you need on a job site, it’s the right low-voltage cabling tools as well. Even a subtle change in brand, size, or type can impact you ability to get the job done. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of essential low-voltage cabling tools. Consider it your cheat sheet to success on every site!
**Totality Solutions is an independent publisher dedicated to delivering our readers simple solutions in every part of life. Our content is provided for free and for informational purposes. Some of our links on the site are “affiliate links,” which is how our partner brands compensate us for your attention. However, our partnerships in no way affect our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in intensive research. As an Amazon Affiliate commissions may be earned without effecting the price you pay.
#6-This Klein Tools Fish Tape is Non-Conductive Fiberglass, Flexible and Able To Pull Line to 500 lbs!
Klein Tools’ Multi-Groove Fiberglass Fish Tapes feature a low-friction, easy feed design. The grooved profile and fiberglass core provide rigidity for long distances and less surface contact with wires when pushing through crowded conduit.
- Multiple grooves molded into the fish tape provides less friction in conduit
- Non-conductive fish tape and eyelet tip offer added protection against shock
- The 13-Inch case diameter means you can reel in 15-percent more tape in a single revolution
- Raised fingergrips help transfer 100-percent of the winding power from your hand and fingers
- The unique sloped handle optimizes the position of your hand for quick hand-over-hand rewinds
- Made in the USA
RJ45/RJ11/8P8C Connectors, LAN/Cat5e/Cat6 Cable Tester, Soldering Iron, Ethernet Stripping/Crimp Pliers Tool Kit
- Multi-functional low-voltage wire stripping/crimping tool device
- Strips and terminates extended copper wires with a precision die head
- Cable replacement, inspection, terminal wire, wire stripping, shear line, circuit inspection products, high leverage and stability for your wiring connections.
“Been in network engineering for some time. This is a pretty good set of all the tools that are needed for anything networking related. Multimeter works great, good set of crimpers as well. Cable tester works fine, no issues so far with any of the tools. Also case was a fabric case and seems to be pretty solid so far. Worth the extra price as compared to similar kits.
Tool Kit Includes: Jacket Cover, Hook and Loop Fastener, Green Cable Organizing Insert, Yellow Cable Organizing Insert
This Panduit CBOT24K cable organizer is made of nylon 6,6, has a minimum tensile strength of 50 lb., and includes two inserts. One insert bundles up to 24 0.25″ maximum diameter cables, and the other insert bundles up to 24 0.31″ maximum diameter cables. The organizer uses a releasable hook-and-loop strip for closure. This cable organizer is suitable for securing and bundling electrical cables.
- REDUCE CABLE INSTALLATION TIME: Up to 50% less compared to traditional low-voltage methods
- TWIST-FREE BUNDLING: Arrange up to 24 cables from the end or the middle of the bundle
- SAFE FOR NETWORK CABLES: Compact cable management without network cable damage.
- LOW FRICTION DESIGN: Material glides smoothly across the cable bundle.
#9-Fluke Networks MS2-TTK MicroScanner2 Network Cable Tester Kit with Punch Down Tool and Tone Generator and Probe
- Revolutionary Interface: Graphical wire map, length, cable ID, and distance to fault displayed on 1 screen
- Multimedia Support: Tests all common media types including RJ11, RJ45, Coax, with no need for adapters
- IntelliTone Toner and Probe: Locates virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning
- VDV Service Detection: Verifies today’s media services, including 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE
- Length 1500 feet with resolution to 1 feet, wire map to TIA 568A/B standards, remote ID locators, displays results on 1 screen
- Patented jack termination tool allows you to terminate jacks 8 times faster
- Cuts low-voltage cabling installation time easy to use handle, seats and cuts all wires at once, saving you up to 1 minute installation time per jack
- High quality, consistent terminations no more compromised connections and wasted jacks
- Simple, one handed operation with an ergonomically designed handle reduces hand fatigue
- Unique design easily accommodates close to wall installation
- Replaceable blade head for use with multiple jack types
- For replacement blades search ‘JR LEV 1 H’
With JackRapid, you’ll never punch into the palm of your hand or through drywall again.