It's not just your skills and experience that you need on a job site, it's the right tools as well. Even a subtle change in brand, size, or type can impact you ability to get the job done. That's why we've compiled a list of essential low-voltage cabling tools. Consider it your cheat sheet to success on every site!
***Totality Solutions is an independent publisher dedicated to delivering our readers simple solutions in every part of life. Our content is provided for free and for informational purposes. Some of our links on the site are “affiliate links,” which is how our partner brands compensate us for your attention. as an Amazon Affiliate commissions may be earned. However, our partnerships in no way affect our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in intensive research.
This incredible cabling tool will give you a return on your investment the first time you use it! Couples the cable-pulling device through drywall & allows technicians to have complete control. The system was developed to work with wood studs, insulated walls, and for metal studs you will need the OPTIONAL XP1000-8 Magnet. Great for Alarm, Cable, Satellite, and Home.
- New design: Tapered Bullets has more strength, less drag
- New design: Retriever has 30% more pulling strength!
- Eliminate multiple trips in & out of attics and crawl spaces
- MagnePull cuts wire fishing time by up to 70%!
Snagging cables on the drop ceiling not only ruins the cable but also the ceiling, creating delays and extra costs. That is all a thing of the past with Madison’s new Stingray. Simply remove the ceiling tiles and snap the Stingray into the corner of the drop ceiling. That’s it! You now have a safe and effective chase to run your cables through any drop ceiling.
- Protective chase for running cable or wire through drop ceiling
- Plastic for strength and durability
- Smooth interior for frictionless chase
- Snaps into corner of drop ceiling for secure attachment
- Fits 1″ standard ceiling grid
The Greenlee cable caster takes running wire to a whole new level. Shoot a dart with an attached string up to 50 feet. Bright yellow body reduces chances of leaving the CableCaster behind. Glow-in-the-dark darts minimize replacement costs because they are easy to locate.
- 50 foot (15 m) range allows for faster installations with fewer pulls
- Bright yellow body reduces chances of leaving the cable caster behind
- Glow-in-the-dark darts minimize replacement costs because they are easy to locate
- Aerodynamic darts provide high accuracy and fast installation
- Optional cabling tool flashlight improves visibility
- LED LIGHT: Super bright LED makes it extremely easy to see.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Tool comes with 8 different attachments for fishing wire/cable through walls.
- SECURE: The set comes with its own storage tube, so nothing gets lost on the job site.
- EASY STORAGE: The short rods require minimal space to store.
#5-Fluke Networks MS2-TTK MicroScanner2 Network Cabling Tool Tester Kit with Punch Down Tool and Tone Generator and Probe
Streamline verification testing The MicroScanner2 Cable Verifier presents a revolutionary change in voice, data, and video cable testing. It starts by taking results from what was four different test modes and displaying them all at once – graphical wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far end device. What’s more, its integrated RJ11, RJ45, and coax test ports support virtually any type of low voltage cable testing with no need for awkward adapters. That means faster, more comprehensive troubleshooting and installations than ever before.
Want to check out more of our recommendations? You can view Part 2 By Clicking HERE.